If you’re not careful, certain habits can ruin your hair. Here are four habits to avoid if you want to keep your hair healthy and looking its best:
- Brushing wet hair: Wet hair is more vulnerable to breakage, so it’s best to avoid brushing it. If you must brush wet hair, use a wide-toothed comb and be gentle.
- Over-brushing: Brushing too much can damage your hair and lead to split ends. Be sure to brush gently, and only when necessary.
- Using hot tools too often: Heat styling can damage your hair, so it’s best to use hot tools sparingly. If you must use them, be sure to use a heat-protectant product beforehand.
- Washing your hair too often: Washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils, leading to dryness and frizz. Aim to wash your hair every 2-3 days, or as needed.
How to restore damaged hair.
If you’ve damaged your hair due to one of the above habits (or any other reason), don’t despair! There are ways to restore damaged hair.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment: Deep conditioning treatments can help to hydrate and repair damaged hair.
- Trim your hair regularly: Regular trims can help to get rid of damaged, split ends.
- Protect your hair from heat: If you use hot tools, be sure to use a heat-protectant product beforehand.
- Avoid over-washing: Washing your hair too often can strip it of its natural oils. Aim to wash your hair every 2-3 days, or as needed.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent or repair damage to your hair.
Does coloring and bleaching your hair damage it?
Hair coloring and bleaching can damage your hair if not done properly. Be sure to use a quality hair color or bleach, and follow the instructions carefully. If you’re not sure how to color or bleach your hair, it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
5 products that can help to revitalise your hair.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which can help to revitalise your hair.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil can help to hydrate and nourish your hair.
- Shea butter: Shea butter is rich in vitamins and fatty acids, which can help to nourish and revitalise your hair.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that can help to protect your hair from damage.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera can help to soothe and hydrate your hair.